Tuesday 5 April 2011

Orthodonty, Food, Math.

What do math, orthodontic treatments & food all have in common? Our day.

Orthodontics.
Noah had his impressions for retainer today & hopefully the braces come off in 6 weeks..but he's got some wicked pulling action going on in between -- just to lessen some gaps, create other gaps..extra mega strong elastics. Doubled up to boot. He rarely has complained or needed tylenol, but today he did.

Food:
 Said it was too painful to eat...O wait, Penne with Italian Sausage? That's quite soft, i'll manage that. He 'managed' 3 plates.

Math:
 $5500.00 (what I paid for his treatments)
 Multiplied  by 3 ,soon to be 5, years driving him for appointments.
 Add in physical appearance allowance + deprivation of accidental face fall resulting in breaking off all front teeth.
Add in the multitude of Big Mac's he "had to eat now cause who knows if I will be able to eat after we get home"
Add the tutoring for missed school days (go ahead & add in my mental anguish at his report card)
Add n my cleaning up of the tweensiest elastics EVER , off the floor/bathroom counter daily.
Minus he having inherited this jawline & those teeth from me.

Equals:
I'm not great at math, but I still think when he's a 'famous rock star' he owes me an island.

No comments:

Post a Comment